Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I just approved two comments from nearly TWO years ago! That just sad. I am so sorry!

I've been intending to get back to this. My neighbor works for a big blog site that rhymes with Blogger, and she encouraged me. So here I am. And I actually have something to say.

There has been a big (pun intended) movement lately of body acceptance for us rounder girls. Finally. What I don't understand about this is how it brings the amateur doctors and armchair stylists out of the woodwork! Every person knows better than your own doctor and, by God, they can just look at you and tell that you have diabetes, high blood pressure, fatty liver disease, and probably cooties. We round girls don't think that every skinny person has an eating disorder or a tapeworm or giardia. We also don't assume that they are healthy. Just like it is totally unfair to assume that we are unhealthy OR that we eat Twinkies for breakfast, fried chicken for lunch, and 8 cartons of ice cream for dinner. As an aside, I just need to say that there are people in my family, extended family, who talk about how fat they are and are constantly on some diet or another. Because they are like a size 10 or in one case, a 2. Seriously. They must think I am some sort of monster. That's fine. I ain't got time for that kind of crap!

Anyway, I am not turning this into a fat acceptance blog. There are people that do that far better than I could ever dream, like Jess at The Militant Baker and anyone involved in this bit of awesomeness. I just had to get this off my chest as I had it out with some people on xoJane.com today. But I also got some immense love there and that was fantastic.

Your body does not determine your worth. There are worse things in the world to be than fat. Like a bigot or a racist or a misogynist or a murderer or a rapist or a child molester or a hypocrite or a traitor or a liar or abusive or mean to animals or mean to other people or rude. Well, I hope you get it. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment